A brief history…
Formed in 1988, Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys are one of the top Cajun bands playing today, blending their modern sensibilities with their inherited traditions and coming up with something original yet still timeless. Musical legends like Dewey Balfa, Aldus Roger and Belton Richard were not just names to the Mamou Playboys: they were mentors, band mates and friends.
Accordionist Steve Riley has been playing Cajun music since age 5 and also sings and plays fiddle. His musical partner, David Greely, plays fiddle, saxophone, adds vocals and serves as the band’s chief songwriter and researcher of old Cajun songs. Together they form the core of this gifted band which blends Cajun, zydeco, swamp pop, rock and roll with their own prodigious talents to come up with a distinctive Mamou Playboy sound.
- Accordionist of the Year – Steve Riley (CFMA 1996)
- Fiddler of the Year – David Greely (CFMA 1996)
- Accordionist of the Year – Steve Riley (CFMA 1993)
- Fiddler of the Year – David Greely, Steve Riley (CFMA 1991)
- Accordionist of the Year – Steve Riley (CFMA 1991)